"When Life takes unexpected turns, the best asset I carry with me, is the ability to smile "

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Friends forever ... We met in Amrita...

Amrita. The name of our College (I prefer the word college to university) showers joy of memories in our heart. In 2006 I got admission in the college for Bachelors in Business Management. We were around 60 at the start. First few weeks were really miserable. But after that... things got changed. We started enjoying the stay at hostel, classes, the places we roam around, late night chit chats, eating in the mess together, lazy studies just before the exams, library and labs, lectures, paper balls thrown at each other during the class, crushes and affairs :) teasing with the nicknames... It was an amazing life. I juz Miss it...

Snapshot of mind: Credits - Arun


This was the first time in life, I was staying away from my parents, my home... It was during the month of August I came to the college for joining. The first thing in the college I noticed was the long corridors :) In the coming years, we screamed, shouted, and ran around in the same corridors. After the joining procedures in the college, we went to see the hostel. The hostel was in the Ashram premises. Our hostel faced the mighty Arabian sea. God! a beautiful place. The silence is always pierced by the sound of the waves splashing on the rocks... When it rains, the sea becomes more awesome. Man... thats one of the sight which I will never forget in my lifetime... the mighty wind which bears the smell of rain will always splash on your window panes.. Oh... and at night you can see the horizon ornamented with dots of light - The fishing boats. To wash clothes we need to got to the terrace, up - you can see the blue sky while you face the silver sea, the bright sun and we never miss the beautiful sunsets too :)

The hostel rooms are one thing thing which i forgot to tell you. Small simple rooms with big window, four of us stayed in a room...
Do you know one thing? We used to got o the college in a boat !!! Yes boss... A Boat. We had to cross a small lake to go to the college a 'five-minute voyage'... going to college, coming back, in sunny days, rains, morning, evening... we used to get a couple of boat rides everyday... pretty lucky eh ? :)


College was an entirely new world. Everything was new for me - Departments, names of the papers, grading system, rules ... :) I still remember the first day in college. That day I woke up at 6, took bath and got ready. New bag, new dress, new mindset... My roommates were chaathan, sudeep and sangu - they all were in BSc, me in BBM. So in short, I was looking for a company. The first person I met in College was Rohan, he was also in BSc.We had 3 days induction program. Games, cultural activities, talks, campus tour etc. First few days were the days of luck -bacause during those days you will end up meeting people who will be with you for a bit long - normally. In that case I was really lucky, really really, lucky - I told you na - My roommates :)
In the next few days I met Arun, Sreejith, Apoorv, Shashi, Aravind. Now when I close my eyes - All of my dearones face appears in my mind, all of those beautiful memories, incidents, flash in my thoughts... huh
Then we had classes, exams, presentations, result announcements (uff), hostel shifts, semester changes,  When days passsed - an invisible bond was streanghening in some of us - and the good thing is we are still a phone call away :)

College not only gave us a degree, or a handful of sweet memories. It gave us a Life
My dear friends, I want to go back...



6 comments:

  1. Bimz brings us the memories tht u had 2gthr..missin thm badly :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. really missing those days............

    ReplyDelete
  3. v couldnt go back 2 those good charming days....bcoz its d fact of nature....."Ormakalum swapnangalum anu oru manushyane munpottu nayikkunathu, evide nammukkku orupadu nalla ormakalundu, eni nammukku kurachu swapnangalum kandu munpottu pokam....NAMMAL ELLAPERUM VEENDUM ONNIKKUNNA A DIVASAVUM SWAPNAM KANDU......." really missin all ma FRNDZZZZZZZZZZZZZ........

    ReplyDelete
  4. well written.. yea.. wish to get bak..

    ReplyDelete
  5. suggestion.. try writing about each one o them and their characters.. n hw dey ve chngd the way u ve tot..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @all: thanks for the suggestions :) i'll try...

    ReplyDelete