"When Life takes unexpected turns, the best asset I carry with me, is the ability to smile "

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Life is Unpredictable


Well, when I choose a topic to write, I take great care for it to be very positive. But it is slightly different today.
Last month I had a medical emergency and was hospitalized for a month.  I met this guy in the hospital. He was working as software engineer in Chennai. For an onsite job, once he went to UK. A day before his return, he got a small fever. He consulted a doctor, took some medicines and an injection. He came back to Chennai. Fever was not reduced. The next day, the world around him was not the same, or rather, he was not the same. His whole body was paralyzed, lost his all senses and there he is, alive and yet not so. No medicines could bring him back. Treatment is still going on with lot of effort and hope. When I do my shoulder physio, he will also be in the same room. I could never look at him for a long time. Because in his eyes, there is a frightening feel of helplessness.

Is this life? So unpredictable! How do we prepare for this unpredictability? Or is it necessary at all to do so? These are some questions I have in my mind. Certain things I want to remember and share here.

  • You cannot live your life as if the very next moment is your last one. I don’t think that is very comfortable. Also on the other side, you cannot live your life believing that the merry and joy of this moment is going to persist for ever. This is not wise either. So where do you strike the balance? 
  • Unfortunate things can happen to us anytime. The best thing to do is to be aware of every moment, be happy and focused on the present. Happiness is the best decision man can take. “Whatever happens, I will stay happy and cheerful”
  • Do good to others, help someone everyday. Remember about the less fortunate people than us. It’s not always about money, it is also about a small favour or a kind deed by which you can spread a smile
  • Spend time with loved ones. Invest for them
  • Is it good imagine, “How do my loved ones live their life, one fine day when I’m gone? Is there something that I forgot to do for them?”


Sorry, if I hurt anyone’s feelings. But preparing for unpredictability is something that we all should think about, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment